New Student Information
Preparing to Study at DePaul University
It’s nearly time for your education adventure to begin with the Global Gateway Program – we are looking forward to welcoming you to DePaul University. To help you prepare to study at DePaul University, we have put together pre-arrival information for international students like you.
Joining us online?
Wherever you are in the world, you will be part of our friendly community. The first step after paying your deposit is to make sure you are registered with us. You will then be able to access your courses, start orientation and meet your classmates.
Key Dates: Winter 2021
- Orientation: December 28, 2020 – January 3, 2021 (online)
- Classes start: January 4, 2021
- Last day to drop classes for full refund: Friday, January 15, 2021
- Mid-terms: February 1 -7, 2021
- Last day of classes: March 14, 2021
- Finals week: March 15-21, 2021
- End of Winter Quarter: March 21, 2021
- First day of Spring 2021 Quarter: March 27, 2021
As a new student you can feel assured that we will support you every step of the way. Your Student Success Manager will work with you on a one-to-one basis to make sure you are on track with your academic progress and support you with any challenges.
How We Help
We understand there is lots to get used to, from study preparation to settling in and making friends. We can help you with:
- Visa queries
- Getting to know US culture
- Technology issues
- Settling in and making friends
You will have fortnightly meetings with your Student Success Manager who can help you with:
- Online tutoring
- Accessing the Writing Center
- Library resources
- Writing your study plan
- Identifying study skills for development
- Time management strategies